BATHROOM SAFETY TIPS
Regardless of the precautions taken a slip and fall is always at issue when dealing with mobility problems. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the likelihood of injuries in the bathroom increases with age.
Above 80% of all traumas are due to falls. Slippery surfaces, high humidity and other factors require special attention to safety. We advise you to take the following tips seriously for your own health and well-being.
- Place a mat on the floor in wet areas and use non slip strips. Such tapes are safe, they are of high strength and durability. Also, they are easily cleaned with household detergents and comfortable for bare feet.
- Install handicap grab bars and safety rails in the bathtub. Sometimes there is a slight weakness after a hot shower or bath. So you need to lean on something to coordinate movements.
- Buy the best handheld shower head. This device allows you to select the optimal water supply and turns the bathing into enjoyment. Weighted shower curtain is indispensable as well, unless you want to flood the bathroom with water.
- Invest in the shower base. The perfect handicap shower base does not have side walls. The matte surface with anti-slip coating provides stability and reliability during water procedures. The shower with such a base becomes much safer and gives an opportunity to act independently.
- Use raised toilet seat and bedside commode chair – universal devices with handrails and armrests. They adds extra height, facilitating a comfortable sitting down or standing up from the toilet.